YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Amazing





I can not believe I own this much yarn. I decided today that I would reorganize my craft room. I emptied 10 storage tubs of yarn! I bought these cubby units at WalMart a couple of weeks ago just for this purpose. I decided if I could see the yarn then maybe I would use it and quit buying duplicates of it. I had no idea I had this much.

In the white unit is all my sock yarn. Let me inform you the yarn is stacked four high and three deep. So this might give you an idea of why I was so amazed. The bottom cubbies are filled with my beading supplies too.

The "walnut" units contain, homespun, jiffy, caron eco, red heart super saver, fancy fur, boa, mohair delight and TLC. Now before you go and wrinkle your nose at the amount of acrylic yarn I have let me inform you I am allergic to wool so the only wool I have in my stash is sock yarn and then not too much of that either. Also I make a lot of prayer shawls and wool is not an acceptable product because of the allergies known to it.

So needless to say I am on a yarn diet until this stash goes down significantly. I imposed this diet on myself. DH did not even mention it and infact was quite surprised when I told him what I was going to do. But he didn't argue with me about it either. LOL

So now that room is finished I can happily go in there and sew, bead and grap yarn without feeling like I have to close my eyes to do it.

Well better go and get back to knitting the socks for DH.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I also found 8 UFO's in there. SO I guess before I start another project I will finish what I already have on my needles/hooks.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.