YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another update

Thank you all for your prayers! Here is the lastest on my Father in Law.

His surgery only lasted 2.5 hours! What a shock to those of us prepared for a 4-10 hour surgery. The surgeon said after he opened up the skull the tumor was well delineated (outlined) and he was able to get it right away and he could not find any other signs of tumor. Dad is being transferred out of ICU today into a regular room and could possibly be going home this week yet. He is alert and orientated totally. He is speaking and moving his arms and legs without difficulty. My husband is so pleased with the progress that he is even flying home tonight! I am so excited, he has been gone for 2 weeks and it has been too quiet around my house.

On to crafting news.

My mother has been winding my yarn stash up for me and has informed me I will never use all that yarn before I die. So I guess I need to live to be ANCIENT! I am so impressed on how nice it is starting to look in my craftroom. I actually got to use my serger the other day because I could find it!

I am working on a crocheted prayer shawl right now. It is a pattern I found on one of my group sites. I wish I could remember the ladies name that made the pattern as it is really pretty and very easy to do. My mom said it is the prettiest one she has seen me do yet!

My Daughter in Law has been crocheting too and has completed a baby blanket in "baby cloud" yarn. She loves this yarn and I don't care for it as it is so bulky and hard to work with. I did complete one baby blanket that I had started and I gave it to her. I don't know what she is going to do with all the baby blankets that are so heavy. Our coldest temp here this winter was 29 and that was just for a couple of hours. We do live in a desert and it does get really really hot here.

That is all for now. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.